The Amon Carter Museum of American Art seeks a skilled professional to serve as Head of Museum Advancement assisting the Director of Communications and Development in oversight of all aspects of the museum’s development and membership programs to ensure achievement of annual fundraising goals. The Head of Museum Advancement works with Director of Communications and Development on annual strategy and implementation of the fundraising plan. This plan includes implementation of a major gifts program, direct mail program, acquisition and renewal of museum membership, special exhibitions and grants; including cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship of donors at all levels.
· Provide oversight and direction of annual giving through general membership acquisition and renewal, direct mail, and other direct solicitation of corporate, foundation and individual constituencies. Work with database manager and membership manager to set annual goals and quarterly benchmarks for general museum membership, and Amon Carter Circle memberships. Develop plan for optimal database reporting and mining to reach goals and benchmarks.
· Oversee an aggressive fundraising program to support museum exhibitions and programs. Identify donor prospects and appropriate funding opportunities for current and long-term projects. Prepare proposals with input from administrative and program staff as appropriate and submit to potential funders. Coordinate and lead grant team meetings, ensuring that all mandatory and voluntary reporting requirements are met. Maintain grant calendar and provide information for board and development reports.
· Oversee the Membership Manager and Corporate Relations & Events Manager ensuring that they have clear goals, benchmarks and understand strategy and implementation requirements for their respective areas within the overall Development Department Plan. Works with the entire development department as a team member and facilitates cohesive implementation of all strategies.
· Work with Director of Communications and Development in developing and impending prospect action plans for major gift prospects, coordinating identification through prospect research, to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
· Maintain confidentiality of museum and donor information
· Other duties as requested
The Head of Museum Advancement supervises the Membership Manager and Corporate Relations and Events Manager.
Skills and Requirements
· Proficiency with Windows 2K, Office XP and Raisers Edge.
· Proven funding track record, preferably with art or museum focus.
· Experience managing staff, budgets, audit requirements and multiple projects.
· Excellent writing, research, management skills and an understanding of foundation/corporate community and successful communication tools.
· Ability to work congenially and productively with museum staff and external customers.
· Dependable and accountable; focused on quality and accuracy; commitment to delivery on time
· Values integrity, honesty, and ethical behavior
· Collaborative and involves others; establishes strong working relations and promotes productive cooperation.
· B.A. or B.S. degree; CFRE certification a plus.
· Eight to ten years fundraising and development experience, with museum experience preferred.
Other Job Requirements
· Available to work nights and weekends as scheduled.
· Must successfully complete required background and drug screens.
To apply send cover letter, resume, and employment references to Human Resources, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107 fax (817) 665-4315, email firstname.lastname@example.org. EEOC.