The Amon Carter Museum of American Art is seeking candidates for Digitization Fellow of Imaging which supports digitization and provides public access to the correspondence and ephemera contained within the museum’s Artist Archives collections. This is a 2-year full time position with benefits. He/she is responsible for digital imaging activities, including handling archival materials; photographing archival records and ephemera; processing digital images; embedding metadata into individual image files; creating derivative image files; and performing OCR on textual documents.
• Digitize archival objects for documentation, research, and print and electronic publications following museum standards.
• Produce digital image files with various cameras and scanners from original archival records and ephemera in the Archives collection.
• Process digital image files according to museum technical standards. Produce derivative image files from master image files and manage resulting files on the museum network. Create PDFs, perform OCR, and provide quality control for resulting textual documents.
• Make judgments about proper object handing, lighting, and safe handling of equipment.
• Collaborate with project team to determine best practices, benchmarks, and project workflows.
• Work closely with project team to manage photography workflow and object handling. Record and interpret digital imaging statistics for project reports and reviews.
• Assist with selection, configuration, and maintenance of digital imaging equipment.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding all sensitive museum information; other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
• Expertise using digital cameras and/or scanners and processing raw image files.
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, and CaptureOne Pro.
• Experience creating PDF documents and performing OCR.
• Experience in color judgment and image quality control.
• Experience using Windows and Mac OSX.
• Proficiency with MS Office products.
• Attention to detail.
• Willingness to collaborate with project team and other museum staff.
• Ability to work quickly and independently to meet specific deadlines.
• Interest in using technology to engage with museum audiences.
• Interest in museum collections and exhibitions.
• Minimum undergraduate degree in photography or related field.
• Experience handling archival or other rare/fragile materials in a museum, library, or educational setting.
Other Job Requirements
• Must pass post-offer drug screen and background screen
To apply send cover letter, resume, and employment references to Human Resources, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107 fax (817) 665-4315, email email@example.com. EEOC.